It’s official, January 16-18, 2015 I’m leading the Yoga Life Narrative retreat at The Yoga Lodge on Whidbey Island!
January 16-18, 2015
Yoga Life Narrative Retreat
//We all bring a unique life story to our yoga mat. There, our stories meet the equally unique narrative of each posture and practice. This workshop asks: how can you use yoga to explore the narrative of your own life? It is all about building and exploring the narratives around our yoga practice. Creative writers will go past writers block; reflective journalers will be uniquely prompted; and even absolute non-writers will be inspired by the exercises that link yoga and narration. We will also learn stories behind the asanas and move through a variety of classes themed around narration. Some stories are written, but other are felt or physically expressed – we will explore them all. Ask yourself: what is your life story? Then become the author of your own life. Retreat includes:
- 2 night stay at The Yoga Lodge
- All meals: fresh, vegetarian and mostly organic catering*
- Yoga Life Narrative yoga classes
- Option for private yoga instruction
- A yoga journal
- Journaling/creative writing/reflection prompts
* Gluten-free and vegan can be arranged with advance notice About Me as an Instructor My yoga mantra is: explore. My practice began as a fun activity with friends and a physical outlet, but over the past decade yoga became not only my connection to community but to myself. It is now my therapy; my inspiration; my community; my lifestyle. I completed my 200-hr teaching certification in 2011 in Portland, Ore. after practicing for years and studying with various yoga/movement schools in London and around Western Europe. My classes are strong vinyasa flow, inspired by music and influenced by my Ashtanga experience. Additional trainings include: yoga for PTSD and brain injury, yoga for the military, teachers’ intensive with “Yoga Anatomy” author Leslie Kaminof, and studies with Noah Maze, Tiffany Cruikshank, Shiva Rae, Suzanne Sterling and more. I strive to combine these many influences into a unique yoga experience where students can explore their bodies, brains and breath…on and off the mat. As a writer and journalist I’ve written news stories, PR pitches, bar reviews, an international guide to wine and edited magazines. Yoga Life Narrative combines my yoga and writing passions. I hope this retreat and every yoga experience with me inspires students to explore their breath, bodies and brains even beyond the mat.
Friday 3 – 5pm Arrivals/Check-In 5 – 7pm Yoga Practice: “Prologue” 7 – 8pm Dinner 8:30 – 9:30pm Yin Yoga/Reflection Saturday (optional earlybird led Sun Salutes before breakfast) 8 – 9:30am Breakfast 9:30 – 10:30am Morning journaling/creative time 10:30-11:30am Yoga Practice: “Finding your Voice” 12:30 – 1:30pm Lunch 1:30-4:30 Free time/ Private yoga lessons 4:30- 5pm Meditation 5 – 6:30pm Yoga Practice: “Becoming the Sage” 7 – 8pm Dinner 8 – 9:30pm Video/Story time & Discussion 9:30pm Yoga for sleep Sunday (optional earlybird led Sun Salutes before breakfast) 8-9am Breakfast 9:30 – 11:30am Yoga Practice: “Your Yoga Life” 11:30-12:30pm Photoshoot/Closing & sack lunch pick-up
Contact me directly to register:
$135 deposit holds your spot; full payment by Dec. 5 $435 before Nov. 16, $485 after offsite: $300
Ask about offsite lodging choices nearby
* You are responsible for transportation to/from the Lodge. Ferry times to/from the Island are at: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/
Deposit is non-refundable. After Nov. 30, refunds will only be given it you can fill your spot on the retreat.
firstname.lastname@example.org cell: (916) 712-3050